- A minimum overall score of 60% in Pre-Medical group of Higher Secondary School Certification or equivalent in Pakistan.
- British Advanced Level Certification with Biology, Chemistry and Physics. The score should be over 60% (Pre-Medical) in the IBCC Equivalence.
- US Grade-12 or Canadian-Grade 12 or 13 Diploma (minimum GPA 3.0) accompanied by an Equivalence Certificate from the IBCC of at least 60% HSSC Pre-Medical qualification (that will require inclusion of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and English in the final 3 years).
- Higher Secondary School Certificate (12th grade) from other countries with Biology, Chemistry and Physics accompanied by an Equivalence Certificate from IBCC of at least 60% HSSC pre-medical qualification.
Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT)
The doctor of physiotherapy (DPT) – 5 years program is a Post-baccalaureate degree conferred upon successful completion of duration. The DPT Degree was created by American Physiotherapy Association (APTA). The “Vision 2020” states that “By 2020, physical therapy will be provided by physical therapists who are doctors of physiotherapy recognized by consumers & other health-care professionals as the practitioners of choice to whom consumers have direct access for the diagnosis of, intervention for, & prevention of impairments, functional limitations, & disabilities related to movement, function & health.
History of Physiotherapy in Pakistan
The school of Physiotherapy was established in 1956 by the Federal Government, Ministry of Health & Social Welfare with the assistance of World Health Organization (WHO) at Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Center premises. Initially, the school offered a 2 years Diploma course with the minimum entrance qualification of matriculation (science group). In 1961, the 2 years program was upgraded to a 3 years Diploma. Later on, the program was raised to BSc Physiotherapy Degree (3 years) in 1963, affiliated with the University of Karachi, and pertinent changes were added & made in the syllabus according to the need. The International faculties of Physiotherapy had upgraded their syllabi. In order to match those standards; in 1999, BSc Physiotherapy course was upgraded to 4 years BS Physiotherapy Degree Course. Recently, following the “Vision 2020 of APTA”, the 4 years BSPT Program was upgraded to 5 years DPT (Doctor of Physiotherapy) Program in 2008 to meet the International standard. At present, 26 Institutions are serving in the field of Physiotherapy in Pakistan.
Sorry no post found.
- Pioneer institute to offer degree programs in semester system
- Fsc Pre-Medical 60% eligibility criteria for DPT
- Fsc Pre-Medical 45% eligibilty criteria for BS (Hons) HND, Microbiology and Biochemistry
- Matric with Science for Diploma in Pharmacy Technicians