Department of Human Nutrition and Dietetics
A proverb “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food” evidences the existence of discipline of Nutrition & Dietetics to by Hippocrates era
A proverb “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food” evidences the existence of discipline of Nutrition & Dietetics to by Hippocrates era. However, recent advances in the field of biological sciences in last few decades have immensely contributed in this applied scientific discipline. Human Nutrition as well as Dietetics are well established disciplines in developed country and are contributing significantly to protect and improve human health. Unfortunately, neglecting of this important sector in developing countries like Pakistan, has badly affected people`s health at all stages of life. Pakistan, as developing economy, is suffering from double burden of malnutrition; resulting in chronic and infectious diseases due to both over-nutrition and under-nutrition. The role of nutrition (dietetics) in cure of diseases as well as health protection in disease condition is largely un-explored due to nonexistence of this very important discipline in the country. This degree program will enable the students to professionally excel in the public health field through meeting today’s market requirements. The students after graduation will be able to demonstrate their expertise in multiple fields which include but not limited to:
- Dietitians in hospitals providing medical nutrition therapy and nutritional counseling to the indoor and outdoor patients.
- Nutritionists providing nutritional counseling to the healthy segment of the population regarding lifestyle changes and development of healthy eating pattern.
- Community nutritionists working with different national and international organizations imparting nutrition education and awareness regarding healthy eating habits in the rural areas for the prevention of nutritional diseases and promotion of health.
- Clinical practice as a Dietitian at personal / private clinic to promote health and preventing illness with diet therapy and reduces cost burden of drug therapy.
- Consultants in the field of nutrition and dietetics for public and private sector organizations dealing in food and nutrition supplements.
- Nutritionists in food and drug industries especially dealing in therapeutic foods and supplements.
- Nutrition supervisors in basic health units in different districts of Punjab. Nutrition officers in the nutrition wing of the Health Department.
- Researchers in research organizations to conduct research in nutrition and dietetics with special reference to health outcome of healthy individuals and patients.
- Dietitians are the only qualified health professionals that assess, diagnose and treat dietary and nutritional problems at an individual and wider public health level.
- conducting seminars workshops campus on different health event and issues e.g. world diabetes day, Thalassemia, Asthma, Hypertension etc.
- This can include a number of facilities in the commercial sector like food manufacture, catering services and restaurants where nutrition professionals can do anything from menu planning to meal preparation and promotion of the food products.
- Nutrition and dietetics professionals are needed to plan and prepare nutritious and well-balanced meals for schools, colleges, factories, offices, canteens etc.
- Sports nutrition counseling to casual exercisers and competitive athletes. They determine the energy, fluid and nutrient demands of sport and exercise.
- Electronics Media particularly in different morning shows and talk shows on health issues.
- A lot of teaching opportunities as lecturer in government and private medical colleges and university
- International airlines and multinational hotel chains have different job options for nutritionist.
- Jobs opportunities in different NGOs like UNICEF and WHO etc. ŸA bright future is awaiting for the nutritionist and dieticians with in country and abroad.
Sorry no post found.
- Pioneer institute to offer degree programs in semester system
- Fsc Pre-Medical 60% eligibility criteria for DPT
- Fsc Pre-Medical 45% eligibilty criteria for BS (Hons) HND, Microbiology and Biochemistry
- Matric with Science for Diploma in Pharmacy Technicians
|1-Doctor of Nutrition & Dietetics (DND)||5 Year||F.Sc. Premedical|