DEPARTMENT OF MICROBIOLOGY
In spite of their very small size, the impact of microbes on the planet is so extensive that life without them is almost impossible. Microbiology
is an exceptionally diverse science which deals with the study of microorganisms in relation to disease,
Microbiology. With WTO agreement in offering, every agro-based industry and the industry involved in production and export of biopharmaceuticals, biologics, vaccines, sera and diagnostics will be required to hire a Microbiologist / Immunologist at its strength to satisfy ISO certification needs. Therefore the graduates and post graduate
Department of Microbiology
|BS(Hons) Microbiology||4 Year||F.Sc Prefered.|
students from Department of Microbiology, Government College University Faisalabad will have a very bright and attractive career ahead in public as well as private sector.
- Microbiology is a broad discipline which has both basic and applied aspects. Many microbiologists are interested primarily in the biology of the microorganisms themselves whereas others may be interested in particular functional processes. Some microbiologists may have an applied orientation and would be interested in practical problems in the fields of medical, pharmaceutical, food, dairy and public health Microbiology.
- Diagnostic Aid & Vaccine Preparation
- Govt./Private/Personal Clinical Lab
- Jobs In Drug Testing Labs (DTL)
- Medicine, Food And Agricultural Industries
- Lecturer In Medical College/ Universities
- Jobs In Research & Development
- Isolation, identification and characterization of indigenous pathogens
- Epidemiological studies of major diseases
- Immunological and molecular aspects of disease diagnosis
- Antibiotic resistance and probiotics
- Biological production
- Microbial Endocrinology
- Pharmaceutical and Industrial Microbiology
- Food and Agricultural Microbiology
- Environmental Microbiology
- Proteomics and genomics
- Bioinformatics and Biotechnology
Microbiologists work in hospitals, pathology/Cytology laboratories. They help to diagnose diseases caused by Microorganisms, by taking samples of patients and growing them on cultures.
To keep plants healthy, they study microorganisms that cause disease, how plants are affected by disease, and how plant disease can be controlled, with this knowledge, they are able to help commercial companies, farmers and small scale growers to control plant diseases.
Sorry no post found.
- Pioneer institute to offer degree programs in semester system
- Fsc Pre-Medical 60% eligibility criteria for DPT
- Fsc Pre-Medical 45% eligibilty criteria for BS (Hons) HND, Microbiology and Biochemistry
- Matric with Science for Diploma in Pharmacy Technicians